Saturday, October 28, 2006

I'm Back, No Need To Worry

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I kept you waiting so long. I'm back from Pa's, and I think I'm more shaken up than I was the night Jakob died. I'm sorry to tell you, Cal is dead and gone, much in the same way Jakob died.

--------------------------

I got to Pa's Steakhouse about an hour and a half after I left the chatroom last night. Mom and Dad gave me some trouble leaving the house so late, but I told them I needed to be alone for a while and I would be back eventually. They let me go. Last night we had another storm (my computer isn't fuzzy anymore. Strange how these things work, isn't it?) I hate to drive in the wind and the rain so I drove slowly. I can't think about that much, though, because I'll start to go mad. Maybe I could have saved Cal if I'd just driven faster...

No. I would have wound up hitting an oncoming car. I did what I had to do.

Anyway, I got to Pa's Steakhouse eventually. There were only two or three cars in the parking lot, and through the window I could see only one person sitting in the dining room. One of those cars was Cal's, but I couldn't stop to look now. I needed to get to that clearing.

I sprinted around the side of the building and ran into the woods. I've been there enough at this point that I knew where I was going, but I went slowly so they didn't hear me coming. I got to the clearing and I was overcome with deja vu... there was again a bonfire in the center of the clearing, and although I couldn't see the cross with someone on it I could smell it. It smelled like burning flesh. It was horrible, and I don't think I'll ever get that smell out of my nose.

I took this pic with my cell phone:














I watched and, just like last time, the fire flashed blue and disappeared. I took another pic:















I was scared that they were going to find me then, so I climbed the nearest tree right away. They all walked underneath me. Oh, my GOD the smell! They smelled like rotten things that should have been dead a long, long time ago. I definitely saw Luisa Lemke there, which confirms my suspicions that they were watching me. When I was sure they were all gone, I climbed down again and fell asleep in the middle of the forest because it was so late and I was so damn tired.

When the sun rose I heard a crow up over my head and I almost screamed. It woke me up and really, really surprised me. My first thought was "Sylvia Brown sat on her and moved in." Dunno why, but it's true.


I took another picture of what the clearing looked like in the daylight, and here it is:










Yeah, that's a hole in the ground. I didn't want to go over to it because I was afraid of what I'd see.






I found Cal's cell phone then. It was lying under a pile of leaves not five feet from where I slept. I took it and put it in my pocket, thinking maybe I could get Frank's number from it later.

So, I walked out of the woods and back to my car, not caring who saw me from the dining room window. I must have looked like a mess, but that's me. A mess. I was doing something that needed to be done because the only other person who knew for sure that someone was dying was in Pennsylvania.

I drove home. When I got there I took out Cal's phone and turned it on. It had just enough battery left for me to write down Frank's phone number before it died. I called him on my own cell from up in my room and told him everything that happened.

So now you know. Poor Cal is dead and I couldn't do anything to save him. Like Jakob, he was killed by the Coven of the Witch. And I'm angry.

No comments: